Do you know a high school senior who is en route to pursuing post-secondary education? They’re likely eligible for a TREB Past President’s Scholarship.
Now in its fourteenth year, TRREB’s Past President’s Scholarship program annually awards scholarships on behalf of TRREB Member REALTORS® to graduating high school seniors pursuing post-secondary education, for example, university, college, or trade school. Two $5,000 first place scholarships and two $2,500 second place scholarships are available.
ESSAY TOPICS & APPLICATION DEADLINE
This year’s essay topic choices are:
- Housing is changing. From a greater market share for condos, to laneway homes and tiny houses, today’s homeowners and renters have different needs and different realities. What do you think the future of housing looks like and why?
- The housing market in core areas have left home buyers feeling priced out. What factors do you think could address housing affordability across the GTA? Choose one or two issues to focus on. Examples include:
- improved transit and transportation networks
- improved first-time buyer incentives and tax breaks
- speculation or vacancy tax levies.
The deadline for application is Friday, March 27, 2020.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING? HERE’S THE EVALUATION CRITERIA:
A record of academic achievement and a range of leadership qualities and community involvement are required for application; however, judging is based on a 1500-word (minimum) essay.
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior pursuing post-secondary education, for example, university, college, or trade school.
Click here to view the 2020 scholarship application and essay criteria.
The scholarship awards will be presented to the four winners in the spring.
The post TRREB’S $5,000 & $2,500 PAST PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP appeared first on TRREB Wire.